A Cook's Delight
- 300.00 Grams
- Calculated at Checkout
A selection of native ingredients for the curious cook (and aren't we all)
Approx 4 to 8 grams of each ingredient. The boxes are assembled to order and therefore MAY not be despatched on the same day.
Dried and ground leaves from any of the following
Aniseed Myrtle, Cinnamon Myrtle, Geraldton Wax, Lemon Myrtle, Mountain Pepperleaf, Native Basil, Native Thyme, Peppermint Gum, River Mint, Saltbush, Sea Parsley, Strawberry Gum, Wattleseed, White Kunzea
Dried and ground berries , nuts and fruit from any of the following
Davidsons Plum, Desert Lime, Finger Lime, Kakadu Plum, Lemon Aspen, Pepperberry, Sunrise Lime, Sandalwood, Native Blood Lime, Sandalwood or Bush Tomato
Box set presentation, perfect for the cook in your life!
Should any ingredient be out of stock we will substitute
- Aniseed Myrtle has strong aniseed scented leaves for flavouring desserts, sweet sauces & preserves. Great with fish or pork, steamed rice, seafood,chocolate,biscuits, icecream or tea.
- Bush Tomato is a strong sun dried tomato with a caramel/ tamarillo flavour and aroma. Delicious in recipes with tomato, cheese or eggs. Goes well with salmon and game.
- Cinnamon Myrtle has a spicy cinnamon-like aroma & flavour, Use in savoury recipes, desserts, confectionery & herbal teas. Add to curries, stews, rice, biscuits, sweets & slices
- Davidsons Plum (sour plum) can be found in tropical rainforests. It makes an excellent jam. Use the powder in icecream, sorbet, biscuits, muffins and cakes
- Desert Lime is small with an intense, piquant flavour. Its use is as diverse as in dukkahs, dressings, desserts and on seafood
- Finger Lime (Citrus Caviar) is an exquisite rainforest fruit. Its salty bitterness marries well with seafood.
- Geraldton Wax adds a citrusy flavour to your beverages and meals. Add to stir fries and creamy seafood sauces
- Kakadu Plum is wild harvested in north western Australia. The greatest use of kakadu plum fruits is for gourmet jams, sauces, juices, ice-cream, cosmetics, flavours and pharmaceuticals. Traditionally used as an antiseptic and a soothing balm for aching limbs.
- Lemon Aspen is found in tropical and tableland forests. It can be used as a uniquely Australian lemon flavour 'boost' in your cooking, such as in dips like hummus and baba ghanoush or in baking such as cheesecakes or citrus tarts.
- Lemon Myrtle occurs in the wetter coastal areas. It has a fresh fragrance of creamy lemon and lime which complements so many culinary delights, from fish and chicken to ice cream or sorbet
- Native Basil is a fragrant mix of basil, mint and sage flavours. Use in any dish where sweet basil would be used, especially any Mediterranean tomato based dish
- Native Blood Lime is a cross between an acid mandarin and a red finger lime. Used in chutneys, jams, marmalades, savoury sauces, citrus based desserts, cocktails , seasonings, dukkah mixes and adds zing to seafood
- Native Thyme - Strongly aromatic bush from the southern states. Use in dishes featuring chicken, turkey, pork or lamb, kangaroo.
- Pepperberry (Mountain) is native to moist temperate forests. The berries bleed a soft pink colour into marinades or pickle solutions, pale sauces and yoghurt. Used to flavour sauces, chutneys, meats, cheeses, pate, breads,dampers, pastas
- Pepperleaf (Mountain) is native to moist temperate forests. Use to flavour sauces, chutneys, meats,cheeses, pate, breads, dampers, pastas etc.
- Peppermint Gum from southern cool regions is used as a flavouring in "billy" tea, its minty overtones are excellent in tea, desserts, cakes & savoury dishes. As well as into sauces, pie crusts & stuffings for meat dishes.
- River Mint is a subtle native herb thriving along river banks in the southern cooler climate has the taste and aroma of spearmint. Use in dressings, mint jelly, tea.
- Salt Bush is a sprawling grey-blue shrub which grows strongly after summer rain the Outback. A low sodium alternative and wonderful addition to bread, grills, pasta, salsa.
- Sandalwood from south western Australia can be added to salads, enjoy chopped up with muesli yoghurt and fruit or as a topping for your desserts.
- Sea Parsley is native to the southern coastline where its submersion by the incoming storm tides is what gives its unique taste. Use in soups,dressings, flavoured butter, with seafood, white sauces
- Strawberry Gum grows in a small pocket in northern New South Wales. It is used to enhance the flavour of cooked fruit dishes,desserts or spiced jams,
- Sunrise Lime has a soft citrus flavour that teams well with stone fruit like apricots. 100% fruit dried
- Wattle seed is another dryland ingredient which is roasted and ground for use from baking to thickening of sauces & casseroles, to ice cream. Add a teaspoon to your bread or scone mix!
- White Kunzea is a fragrant tiny leaf with hints of eucalypt and citrus, makes a great tea
9 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
The order received is as described when I ordered. I can't wait to try all these beautiful native spices. I'll be able to introduce your superb products to my friends in Quebec, Canada. Many Thanks again!
I knew what i was getting am always delighted with native bush spices
Really great variety in the pack. Truely wonderful in sweet or savoury dishes. I am enjoying experimenting with the unique and tasty flavours
Diverse selection of indigenous flavours to add to your kitchen!
My partner who does most of the cooking is having a wonderful time exploring with the different tastes, Australian has to offer.
Products themselves are amazing, however for the price I thought the package size of each product was very minimal.
Bought for our canteen cant wait. Very fresh and love the smells that come from it.
Really good delivery time. Haven't used the products yet as they are a gift for my daughter, can't wait for her to cook and try them.
I am amazed at how fresh the products were in the assorted pack, they smell divine. I had previously purchased from others and they can't compare to Australia Taste for quality produce.