- Contact Us
Taste Australia Bush Food Shop is an online business based in one of the fastest growing regions in south east Queensland, on the other side of Tamborine Mountain in the Gold Coast Hinterland. We monitor activities every day of the week so if you have a query it will usually be answered by return email quite quickly. Of course you can always call us during the week.
Ph 02 9045 0007 or 0428 892217
We switched to NBN Feb 2017 which means that our 02 9045 0007 number is internet dependent. So call our mobile if you can't get through or send an email.
On January 15, 2016 we celebrated 20 years of doing business online. We began as an ISP in 1996 but it was not until 2008 that the WWW matured enough to gain acceptance throughout the world as a really useful medium and we could get back to doing what we wanted to do with the WWW in the first place.
This website was created to encourage like minded people to have ready access to native food and combines our love of cooking with extensive retail and marketing experience.
We love eating good food and we reckon the best can be found in our kitchen :-)
The key ingredient in our businesses has always been service so if our shop says we have an item in stock, we do and we will despatch the same day wherever possible.
Since moving to this beautiful location at the start of 2015 we began planning a bush food garden. We have planted
- Davidsons Plum - has died in the extreme heat of Summer 2017
- Black Apple
- Sandpaper Fig
- Finger Lime
- Zig Zag Vine (as at March 2017 it is doing well)
- Native Orange - did not survive
- White Aspen
- Gregs Wamper - struggling
- Corduroy Tamarind(as at March 2017 it is doing well)
- Midgen Berry (as at March 2017 it is producing)
- Blue Quandong struggling in the extreme heat this summer
- Native Ginger (as at March 2017 it is bountiful)
- Wild Rosella (turns out this seedling was mis-identified by the nursery but the plant is doing well)
- Native Thyme (did not survive)
- Warrigal Greens (as at March 2017 it is doing well)
- Native Sage (as at March 2017 iit is doing well)
- Pig Face